Baguette with Goat’s cheese and beetroot
2 tspn honey
Handful of rocket leaves
3 to 5 walnuts
1. Wash the beetroot and place this in a pan of water. Boil the beetroot for around half an hour. For this recipe, you could also use pre cooked beetroot.
2. Chop the beetroot into small blocks.
3. Cut the baguette into ten slices.
4. Spread the goat’s cheese over the bread slices. Then top with the beetroot, walnut, rocket leaves and honey.
Apple and cinnamon infused whisky
Apple and cinnamon give whisky an apple pie twist. Get in the spirit and prepare now, so you can enjoy a festive tipple or give as a Christmas gift!
4 apples, I bottle whisky, 1 cinnamon stick & 2 to 3 tbsp. honey.
1. Slice apples and put in clean jar
2. Add cinnamon stick and pour over whisky in jar till covered. Add honey and mix.
3. Seal jar tightly and set aside in a cool dark place to infuse. Leave for upto two weeks. Shake jar every few days to mix ingredients. When whisky is ready after two weeks, strain into a new jar and then sip and enjoy!